Like many things, getting finance right at the start makes life easier down the line. You're looking for the best interest rates and terms with minimum restrictions to provide a solid foundation for your business and your family.
That begins with good advice and support. We prefer to meet with you early in your project to help us understand your needs and deliver a finance solution that is tailor-made for you now and in the future. There is no financial obligation until you know what options could be available.
From initial contact through to the release of your mortgage, we personally shepherd you through the process. We work hard to find you the most competitive rates, margins, fees and terms. Just because one bank says 'yes', it doesn't make it the best bank – we weigh up all your options.
Typical farm mortgage terms
- Terms up to 40 years
- Fixed interest rates up to 25 years
- Interest-only periods for new projects
- Reduced lending covenants and restrictions
- Loan repayments tailored to suit your cash flow
- Combined business and household income considered
- Lump sum reductions with no or minimal early repayment penalty
- Up to 70% loan to value (LTV); 100% mortgages considered with additional security
Projects we can help
- Renegotiating loans when banking relationships or policies change
- Buying a farm, land, buildings or other property
- Converting buildings for business or housing
- Buying out partners or family members
- Diversification or enterprise expansion
- Restructuring overdraft or other debt
- Tenant purchase
- Bridging loans
- Tax bills
Talking to a finance specialist at the start of any project gives you the best chances of success.
We’d love to talk to you about your project and see how we can help you.
Give us a call or email us...
Five steps to successful funding
1. Establish lending likelihood
What are your plans, what's your current situation? Talk to us about them on the phone or we can visit you - no cost and no commitment.
[If you decide to go-it-alone without specialist help we recommend arming yourself with the latest copy of the John Nix Pocketbook £28 + P&P.]
We'll tell you if you could get a lending offer, or if you require more guidance to ensure your plan is viable before approaching lenders.
2. Detailed fact finding
Compiling supporting information to prepare a convincing lending proposal for lenders.
- Relevant background and experience
- Details of the property to be put up as security
- How much you'd like to borrow and the purpose
- Details of existing properties and any borrowing
- 6 months personal and business bank statements
- 3 years certified accounts for your existing business
- Business plan and forecasts for your new enterprise
- Personal income and expenditure – inc. evidence of salaried income
3. Creating a strong proposal
We build your Business Lending Proposal to give to the right lenders explaining how you’ll use the proposed funding to achieve your business objectives, in language and terms the lenders understand – increasing the likelihood of getting a ‘yes’.
4. Offers and negotiation
Once agreed by lenders, we set out your offers and options, highlighting and explaining any subtle differences - a decision isn’t always based on price.
5. Acceptance and completion
Once you've accepted an offer, we're happy to assist with valuers, solicitors, lenders and any other relevant parties; importantly, we keep communicating with you and your lender to make sure you get your money as quickly as possible. We don't rest until you're settled in.