You might already be running a land-based business in the countryside or you might be looking to move to run a new rural business. There’s lots of options in tourism, leisure and recreation.
Unfortunately, businesses that need land can be a stumbling block to securing finance. They don’t conform to many lenders’ policies; or the lenders can’t see what it is you want to achieve. We can.
We like to meet with you to discuss your plans and finance needs. We then prepare appropriate lending proposals for the best lenders to give you the greatest chances of success. We guide you through the mortgage process, negotiate the lenders’ rates, fees and terms on your behalf and work with your land agents and solicitors too, so you get positive results quickly.
Projects we can help
- Buying land, property or business with land and/or buildings, including agricultural or equestrian tied properties
- Remortgaging or consolidating debt to allow the business to develop
- Renegotiating loans when banking relationships or policies change
- Converting or improving existing housing, buildings or facilities
- Buying out business partners or family splits
- Building a house or new building on site
- Bridging loans
Businesses we can help
We've supported lots of rural businesses get finance including:
- Holiday cottages and complexes
- Caravan sites and park homes
- Glamping and log cabins
- Farm parks, play parks and visitor attractions
- Farm shops, cafes and restaurants
- Outdoor activity pursuits
- Fishing lakes
- Garden centres
plus kennels and catteries and many more.
Typical rural business mortgage terms
- Terms up to 25 years
- Fixed interest rates for up to 25 years
- Bank base rate tracker variable interest rates
- Combined business and other income considered
- Interest-only periods for start-up businesses or new enterprises
- Lump sum reductions with no or minimal early repayment penalties
- Up to 70% loan to value (LTV); 100% mortgage considered with additional security
Talking to a finance specialist at the start of any project gives you the best chances of success.
We’d love to talk to you about your project and see how we can help you.
Give us a call or email us ...